Accounts Manager - Rural Team
This is a developing opportunity, working alongside and reporting to our existing Rural Partner in a supportive role, liaising directly with clients and working within a collaborative team.
You would also be responsible for co-ordinating and supporting the development of a junior team underneath you.
You would ideally have 3+ years of accounts experience in a mid-tier firm and want to contribute to the continued growth of a young and ambitious firm within the rural sector.
- To plan, carry out and review client work in a variety of areas within accounting, tax and commercial/business advice
- To handle client queries and proactively, advise them on a wide range of financial and commercial matters
- To share in staff management and development responsibilities for the junior members of the team. Show the team how to carry out certain tasks, varying the tasks to enhance learning opportunities and give regular constructive feedback
- To deliver excellent client service
- To organise own time and workload efficiently
- Identify potential problems/areas of risk and use own initiative to proactively propose solutions, addressing them or reporting them to the partners as appropriate
- To manage the day to day needs of your own client portfolio, including being the first point of contact. To develop a good relationship and understanding of clients in order to adapt approach and communication to ensure client satisfaction
- You would be dealing with client queries and liaising with clients on a day to day basis. Handling client queries and proactively advising them on a wide range of financial and commercial matters including managing their expectations and acting confidently and decisively
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Holder of a recognised professional accounting qualification, ACA or ACCA preferred
- A minimum of three years’ audit & practice experience
- Likely to come from a small to medium sized firm or have relevant experience of directly serving clients, proactively and commercially, in this type of environment, but be looking for an exciting new challenge.
- Able to work well in a successful and busy team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Commercially sharp
- Having an attitude characterised as enthusiastic and positive, self-motivated and focused
- Possessing a creative approach to reaching solutions for clients
- Hard working and willing to work flexibly and travel on occasions where required
- Keen to learn and develop
- General IT proficiency
In addition to receiving a competitive salary, for the right candidate this position will offer:
- Annual salary reviews
- Discretionary performance bonus
- Starting entitlement of 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Purchase additional holiday scheme
- Payment of professional subscriptions
- Client referral programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company Pension plan
- Private healthcare plan
- Life assurance
- Free parking
Moore Scarrott believes strongly in personal growth and in rewarding their staff for their individual performance.
Only applications in the form of a CV, together with a covering letter will be considered.
Apply for this post
Sign up for our newsletter
Developed by our team of experts, the Moore Scarrott Commercial newsletter keeps you informed with the latest news and insights impacting the financial landscape of the medical sector.