Part Qualified or Newly Qualified Accountant
Moore Scarrott Chartered Accountants offer a friendly, approachable and supportive environment within a platinum approved training practice. We would be interested in hearing from you whether you are AAT, ACA or ACCA qualified and it is essential that you have previous practice experience. If you are still training, you will be assigned a training mentor for the duration of the programme and will have the opportunity to work with a range of clients.
We will cover all the costs towards your training programme, giving you a debt-free route to a professional qualification.
As a part-qualified or newly qualified Accountant you will be undertaking and assisting with:
- Prepare period end financial statements for companies, partnerships, sole traders and LLP’s
- Prepare period end tax returns including corporation tax, partnership and personal tax
- Bookkeeping and VAT reporting
- Develop knowledge of various accounting software packages and keeping up to date with various packages
- Direct client interaction to ensure accounts are finalised in a timely manner
- Liaise with H M Revenue & Customs
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 2 A Levels (A-C) and 3 GCSE’s (A-C or 9-5) including maths.
- ICAEW part qualified, ACCA part-qualified or hold an AAT level 3 or 4.
- A keen interest in accountancy, where the A level subjects studied did not pertain to accountancy, business or finance.
- A high standard of ethics, both professional and personal.
- Keen to work in an individual performance driven business (and be rewarded accordingly).
- 2 years’ experience working in a practice environment would be considered favourable.
- Previous experience of supervising employees would be desired though not essential.
- Able to work well in a successful and busy team.
- Good organisational, interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
- A desire to learn and develop.
- General IT proficiency.
- Hard working and willing to work flexibly
In addition to receiving a competitive salary, for the right candidate this position will offer:
- Salary reviews every 6 months for trainees or annual reviews for qualified individuals
- Fully funded training/qualification
- Discretionary performance bonus
- Starting entitlement of 28 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Purchase additional holiday scheme
- Payment of professional subscriptions
- Client referral programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company Pension plan
- Life assurance
- Free parking
Moore Scarrott believes strongly in personal growth and in rewarding their staff for their individual performance and hitting study targets, therefore you will find our salaries are above the recommended apprenticeship salary rates.
Only applications in the form of a CV, together with a covering letter will be considered
Apply for this post
Sign up for our newsletter
Developed by our team of experts, the Moore Scarrott Commercial newsletter keeps you informed with the latest news and insights impacting the financial landscape of the medical sector.